The mission of Caminar Latino is to create opportunities for Latino families to transform their lives and communities and change the social conditions that give rise to violence. That’s the reason that in addition to our Family Initiatives, we focus on our community initiatives and Latino’s United for Peace and Equity. These initiatives include Training and Technical Assistance (TA) for other agencies and professionals in the community, across the country, and internationally.
Caminar Latino has a 28 year trajectory of working with Latino families affected by violence and a combined 200+ years of experience among its team members. Regardless of the quantity and quality of experience, we recognize that we cannot fulfill our mission by ourselves and we wish to extend it by training those in their communities to do the job of “healing families, ending violence”.
CL members have provided and continue to provide training in a broad array of topics, including but not limited to:
- Working with Latina survivors of domestic violence
- Healthy, unhealthy and abusive relationships
- How to work with youth witnesses of violence
- Engaging Latin@ youth to end teen dating violence
- Immigration in context of domestic violence with Latin@ families
- Culture, oppression and intersectionality;
- Trauma-informed responses;
- Language access;
- Systems reform;
- Children and youth exposed to domestic violence, resilience, and the co-occurrence of domestic violence and child maltreatment;
- Meaningful collaboration;
- Culturally-relevant program development, implementation and evaluation; and
- Organizational capacity building and sustainability.
Who can benefit from our training?
- Domestic Violence Non Profits
- Non Profits that work with Latinos & Immigrants
- Cities and county government
- Law enforcement agencies
- Task forces and coalitions
- Helping Professionals
- All individuals, organizations, and systems working to improve services to underserved communities and promote equity in their responses.
For those wishing to expand their programming, broadening their resources and education we are able to provide Technical Assistance on a variety of areas including, but not limited to:
- Program Development
- Community Engagement
- Organizational Development
- Leadership Development
We believe in providing the community with the knowledge that stems from our experience but adapting it to the realities of your community. We will assess your needs and work with you to provide consultation or organize the training that is relevant to your organization and ties to your mission and core values.
If you or your organization is interested in receiving TA or training in Atlanta, please contact Jessica Nunan, at email@example.com. If you are interested in TA or training outside of Atlanta, please contact Olga Trujillo at 651-492-8887